Email FBC
Email Webmaster

 

The History of Fellowship Baptist Church

Fellowship Baptist Mission was organized into a Church receiving twelve Charter Members on May 12, 1968. At that first Business Meeting, the Church voted for its name to be Fellowship Baptist Church and Rev. Charles Ray Ennis, founder, was called as Pastor. Since May of 1968, the Church has moved forward. In May, 1968, Mr. Chester Capps of Clayton, donated one acre of land on West Main Street on which to build a church. The church building was constructed by members and the first service was held July 7, 1968. In attendance for the service was a total of 49.

As Fellowship Baptist Church grew our needs for a full-time Pastor increased consistently. The Deacons requested Rev. Ennis to resign his position with Shallcross Mfg. Company and assume the responsibilities of a full-time Pastor in December 1969. After careful consideration and many prayers, Rev. Ennis decided to comply with this request in February, 1970.

In view of the already rapid growth of Fellowship Baptist Church, a house on the one acre property donated was purchased from Mr. Capps to make room for future expansion of the Church. Construction of the first Sanctuary began in March, 1971. Since that time the Church has purchased an additional 14.6 acres of land including two houses for a total of 15.6 acres and has built two other educational facilities. Construction began on the present Auditorium and Office building in September, 1991 and the Dedication was held on January 26, 1992. Today the Church Properties are valued at about $2,300,000.00. Fellowship Baptist Church's Membership has risen from the original twelve Charter Members to today's membership of 1,330.

Today's ministries consist of a well-rounded Sunday School; Missions Program supporting 100 Missions & Missionaries; Soul-winning Outreach; Tract Ministry; Bus Ministry; Shut-In Ministry; Rest Home Ministry; Fellowship Christian Academy (which consists of Kindergarten ages 3 and 4); Fellowship Christian Bookstore; Two (2) Mission Homes (for Missionaries to stay in while on Deputation and furlough); WHPY Radio Ministry and Clarksville Theological Seminary.

Fellowship Baptist Church purchased the WHPY Radio Station in February, 1995(a station we had been broadcasting our Sunday Morning Worship Service on for 20 years) and started the Fellowship Christian Radio. The new format is designed to win the lost and bless this part of the state of North Carolina with good, Christian Family Radio. The call letters are WHPY 1590 AM. WHPY Studio is located on the Fellowship Baptist Church property West Main Street, Clayton, N.C. WHPY has two 165 ft. towers located on four acres of land just off Winston Road which is about three miles from the Church Property.

On January 15, 1996 Dr. Ennis was made President of Clarksville Theological Seminary. Clarksville Theological Seminary was moved to the Fellowship Baptist Church property in 1996. Clarksville Theological Seminary offers Degrees in Theology and Religious Education. They are Associate, Bachelor, Master and Doctorate Degrees in these two fields of study.

Pastor Ennis earned and received his Doctor of Theology Degree in May 1977, from St. Paul's Bible Institute, Sarasota, Florida; and his Doctor of Philosophy Degree from Trinity Theological Seminary, Newburg, Indiana, in 1984. Dr. Ennis has written and published three books, entitled (1) The Rise and Fall of Satan; (2) The Bloodline; (3) The Seven Churches of Asia Minor; and one booklet, Worrying Or Trusting God. Dr. Ennis is married to the former Barbara Wall of Micro, N. C. Dr. & Mrs. Ennis have been married since April, 1962. They make their home at 1660 Shotwell Road, Clayton, NC. They have two children: daughter, Angela Milligan and son, Timothy Ennis; and three grandchildren; Andrew, Douglas and Candace Milligan.

Always remember, FELLOWSHIP BAPTIST CHURCH is a place where "Everybody is Somebody" and "We care where you and yours spend eternity!!"

(04/2014)